I can't use the main search bar. The only way I can use it is if I type a valid web address such as www.youtube.com....
The only way I can use it is if I type a valid web address such as "www.youtube.com." I used to be able to type in something like "Wikipedia" and get search results but now it will say "Invalid web address." How can I fix this?
Modified by Noah_SUMO
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1993
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
That url area usually is wired to a Google search. Perhaps one of your add-ons has hijacked it. Try the steps in the following article to reset it:
Did that work?
nope it does the same exact thin, I type youtube it changes it to www.youtube.com
Make sure that you use the Google search bar and not the location bar.
If the menu bar is hidden then press the F10 key or hold down the Alt key to make the menu bar appear.
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible: "View > Toolbars"
- Open the Customize window via "View > Toolbars > Customize"
- Check that the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up