This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
A website displays differently on two different computers using the same configuration?
Two new generation MacBook Pros using the same MacOS 10.6.8 and Firefox browser 10.0.2 are displaying the home page of a website differently.
The thumbnails for the video player should be to the right of the video, but on one computer they show on the bottom.
All looks normal through Safari and on other Macs using either browser, and also good with PCs using Firefox or IE – only this one MacBook Pro that I know of is displaying the web page incorrectly (and it happens to be the client's)?
All Replies (1)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems.
- View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl+0 (zero); Cmd+0 on Mac)
If you have increased the minimum font size then try the default setting "none" as a (too) high value can cause issues.
- Firefox > Preferences > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > Minimum Font Size (none)
Make sure that you allow websites to choose their fonts.
- Firefox > Preferences > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > [X] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"