Since I ugraded to FF 10 an enormous amount of memory is used.Up to 500 Mb with 5 tabs opened on 1 window. Is that normal while FF 10 should use less memory?
When I open FF10 it ok. but after a while let's say 20 min FF starts to grow in consuming memory. After 2 hours it can reach 500 MB even if a few tabs only are open -I mean less than 10-. Thsi is really annoying. I wish I would have stayed with the earlier version.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
After upgrading to FF
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.113
- 20-20 3D Viewer for IKEA - Mozilla Plug-In v18.104.22.168
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
You should take a look at our troubleshooting section for performance issues. There is a lot of good information in there on high memory issues.
Hopefully this helps!
Thanks Matt for your reply. But I had already surveyed all the articles related to memory issues, cpu usage, etc... The thing is that even on safe mode my FF double consumption after a while. So I have no clue what the reason could be. I ll continue searching ☺