When I try to choose "Proerties" in the print dialog box, I get an exception?
When I try to choose "Properties" in the print dialog box, I get an exception. The exception says " "Dell Photo Printer 720 Properties" "Function Address 0x0 caused a protection fault (exception code 0xc0000005) The application property sheet page(s) may not function properly."
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Picasa plugin
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
-> Update Firefox to the latest version 10.0.1
-> Update All your Firefox Plugins -> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- When Downloading Plugins Update setup files, Remove Checkmark from Downloading other Optional Softwares with your Plugins (e.g. Toolbars, McAfee, Google Chrome, etc.)
Modified by Hasan
Thank you for responding. I have circumvented the problem by going to my control panel, opening "Printers" , opening "Preferences", either choosing "Print Color in black and white", it always will print B&W, or leaving unchecked, and it always prints in color. A little inconvenient, but OK. The print function in some applications, ie. Word, choosing properties brings up the proper dialog box where B&W can be chosen. The problem appears to be associated with Mozilla. Thanks
Perform the suggestions mentioned in the following articles:
Check and tell if its working.
I tried both suggestions, Printing a web page, and Firefox prints incorrectly to no avail. I still get the same exception when I tried to choose "properties" in the print dialog box.
I can use the "control panel", choose the printer, choose the settings, and then choose either to print in color or B&W. The printer will print that way until I change it. I cannot do it in the "print" function/properties. A little inconvenient, but OK.
It works fine in Word, Excel, etc.
Thanks for trying to help me.