Why are drop down boxes empty in VMware Lab Manager when using Firefox 4+?
When using Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or higher, drop down boxes in VMware's Lab Manager are no longer populated so it's not possible to deploy new VMs.
As it turns out, VMware published an update to Lab Manager (4.0.4) in August last year that solves this problem. I have upgraded to LM 4.0.4 and the dropdown boxes are now populated again.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Version 184.108.40.2069
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.4
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20120128 Firefox/3.6.26
Does it work in the latest Firefox 10.0 release version?
Firefox 4.0 is almost 11 months old and is not longer supported.
I should read the whole answer before posting a reply:) No, it still doesn't show the drop down options in 10.0.
Something changed between 3.6 and 4.0 that causes these empty drop down boxes. All versions, starting with 4.0 up until 10.0, show the same behavior that you can see in the attached image: empty drop down boxes for the "source", "network" and "datastore" options.
Modified by vvdcamp
As it turns out, VMware published an update to Lab Manager (4.0.4) in August last year that solves this problem. I have upgraded to LM 4.0.4 and the dropdown boxes are now populated again.