How do I set the home page for a new tab?
How do I set the web page for when I open a new tab? Whenever I open a new tab it goes to an error site which freezes my firefox browser for a while. How do I change that? I want to open new tabs with google being the home page. I need to set up the homepage for a new tab NOT a new window. Please help! !
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
You can find the instruction on How to set the home page.
If Google is set as your Homepage in Firefox you can middle-click (push down on the mouse wheel) to open Google in a new Tab.
Or, you can add the feature to Firefox where clicking the New Tab button on the Tab Bar opens your Homepage in a new Tab.
And if you have a different Homepage set, this extension allows for any page you set in the extension's options to open when you use the new Tab button.
To set blank page as new tab you can alter config file by following intructions, near bottom of page in the link below.
If you want home page, follow the same instruction but type about:home instead of about:blank
Summary of steps shown below.
In the Location bar, type about:config and press ENTER
The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page
Type browser.newtab.url in the search box.
Double-click the browser.newtab.url preference and change the url from about:newtab to about:blank (OR about:home if you require this).
Click OK and close the about:config tab.
Modified by abus