How do I re-attach a tab?
Using FF 9.0.1. This feature has been around for a while, but never thought to ask this question. The feature is - you can click on a tab, and then drag it, and it separates and becomes it's own window. Sometimes, I want to take a window and re-attach it to the other FF window I have open. Then that window becomes a tab. Or sometimes I have grabbed the tab and moved it from the window by mistake and want to put it back. How can I do that? I use both Windows XP Pro and Win7. Chris
Just drag it back in a similar manner. Firefox will not close the last tab in any window so create an additional tab if necessary (e.g. use keyboard shortcut Ctrl+ T) before moving the tab.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Version 126.96.36.19951
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Just drag it back in a similar manner. Firefox will not close the last tab in any window so create an additional tab if necessary (e.g. use keyboard shortcut Ctrl+ T) before moving the tab.
See also bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab):