Using (or not) Gmail in Firefox 9.0.1
I have received "warnings" from Gmail that I may not be able to access certain Gmail functions in the Firefox browser and should choose a more modern browser. I have been diligent in upgrading Firefox but get the same messages each upgrade. I currently use Ff 9.0.1 but as of today, Gmail will only allow me to use a very basic HTML version. Is there a fix for this problem? I would prefer to not go back to using a prior version of Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Version 22.214.171.12458
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Picasa plugin
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
"Some important features may not work in this version of your browser, so you have been redirected to the Basic HTML version. Upgrade to a modern browser, such as Google Chrome."
Your User Agent is showing that your using Firefox 3.5.5
Perform the suggestions mentioned in the following articles:
- Find what version of Firefox you are using
- Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
IF it still doesn't resolve the issue, Download & Install latest Firefox version as suggested in the following article:
Check and tell if its working.
-> Update All your Firefox Plugins
- When Downloading Plugins Update setup files, Remove Checkmark from Downloading other Optional Softwares with your Plugins (e.g. Toolbars, McAfee, Google Chrome, etc.)
- Restart Firefox
Modified by Hasan