The Microsoft Silverlight plugin download page only offers a x64 plugin version, when accessed using Windows 7 x64, even though Firefox 8.0.1 is a 32 bit app .. how do I get the correct version of this plugin?
While doing a routine plugin check for latest versions here, I got the message that a newer version of the Microsoft Silverlight plugin was available from Microsoft. When I tried to download the installation executable from Microsoft, the download managed to lock up Firefox each time I attempted it (about 5 times or so) -- in the process, the file I was automatically given to download was identified as a 64 bit executable, despite the fact that Firefox 8.0.1 is a 32-bit application (I do have the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Professional). At this point, I don't know which version of the newer plugin I need, nor how to get it. Help!
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
You can download the 32 bit version of Microsoft Silverlight plugin here: http://www.silverlight.net/downloads scroll down and click "End-User Runtime for Windows (32 bit)". Or try this link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=229320
Hope this helps.