This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Bookmarks toolbar is hiding the icons
This problem Just STARTED to happen. I am running latest XP Pro w/latest service packs. Running 8.0.1 Firefox (latest).
Firefox starts, and where the Bookmarks Toolbar is is a blank line - no icons I uncheck the bookmarks tool bar and re-check it and the icons are displayed on the bookmarks tool bar.
Left mouse indicates "nothing there on the blank line." And when populated I get a list of options associated with the tool bar.
All Replies (3)
If the menu bar is hidden then press the F10 key or hold down the Alt key to make the menu bar appear.
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible: "View > Toolbars"
- Open the Customize window via "View > Toolbars > Customize"
- Check that the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If other missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
Well, I tried what you suggested. Does not work. When I select customize, the "populated" bookmarks tool bar "disappears" and doing what is suggested, allows me to drag the bookmarks icon to the "blank" tool bar (bookmarks).
When I restore, the bookmarks tool bar ( by turning it off and back on) all the icons including the bookmarks icon appear. Shut down Firefox, restart, all the icons except the bookmarks icon are gone. repeat = ( by turning it off and back on) all the icons including the bookmarks icon appear.
Let me add, I am using a 24" wide screen, high resolution and have the bookmarks tool bar about 80% loaded with icons and folders..