How can I get my task bar and tab bar back?
The task bar at the bottom of the screen has disappeared when I open Firefox. Even when I move the cursor down there it doesn't reappear. At the same time the tab bar has also disappeared although this does return when I move the cursor to the top of the screen. Any ideas how I can get my task bar back? If it helps I use a HP laptop using windows vista.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- eMusic Download Manager and eMusic Remote Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
View("Alt+V") > Toolbars then
- (check) Menu Bar to get back menu bar
- (check) Tabs Bar to get back Tabs bar
- (uncheck) Tabs at top to restore tabs bar to preferred location
To toggle the add-on bar on/off use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+/"
To put the add-on back together again (like the former task bar), install the "Status-4-Evar" extension See item #10 in the following:
You can make Firefox 8.0 look like Firefox 3.6.*, see numbered items 1-10 in the following topic Fix Firefox 4.0 toolbar user interface, problems (Make Firefox 4.0 thru 8.0 and above, look like 3.6). Whether or not you make changes, you should be aware of what has changed and what you have to do to use changed or missing features.
There is a lot more beyond those first 10 steps listed, if you want to make Firefox more functional.
Please mark "Solved" one answer that will best help others with a similar problem -- hope this was it.
thanks very much for your reply
unfortunately Alt + V doesn't bring up the toolbars! any other ideas gratefully received.
Sorry I guess I missed the most obvious one use "F11" to toggle out of Full Screen mode. Then the above instructions should work if you need them, or maybe that was the only problem.