How do I set FF to always open links in a background tab? (as if ctrl-left click is always on)
I used to have FF set to to this, but since upgrading to a new laptop, I cannot figure out *how* I set it up to open all links as background tabs. I do have TabMix installed, and obv. I can ctrl-click, but I want that to be the default setting.
In Tools -> Options - Tabs, there is a checkbox for "When I open a new tab, switch to it immediately". Uncheck that box and restart your browser.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
In Tools -> Options - Tabs, there is a checkbox for "When I open a new tab, switch to it immediately". Uncheck that box and restart your browser.
Thanks, that was the first thing I did, never worked as I thought it would. I ended up using about:config and finding "browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground," switched that to true and things are back to normal.