why is my firefox browser closes everytime I try to download an ativirus and flash player software
i've been trying to download an antivirus and flash player software for my desktop but before it download the software,my firefox browser closes down
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 4.0; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
Sounds like your PC has been compromised. I suggest investigating the option of getting an AntiVirus program onto the PC without downloading it directly from the internet onto the problem PC. Get on another PC (friend/neighbour?) and use some removable media to download the latest AntiVirus program you're after, and transfer it to the problem PC.
You will probably find a slimy virus hiding under the hood somewhere. Thats about the only thing I've ever come across that stops a web browser downloading A/V software.
I can't suggest anything else, because operating a PC on the internet without up-to-date AntiVirus software is asking for trouble.