Share firefox profile across multiple operating systems.
I've recently installed windows 8 on a VHD (my main OS is Windows 7) and I was wondering if it was possible to share the same firefox profile on both operating systems. I have the profile manager from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/utilities/profilemanager/, but when I tried to make a new profile at the location of my main profile, it instead made a subdirectory under my main profile. Is there anything I can do to share the profile between the two? I could always use sync, but I would like to share my addons, if possible.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.0.0 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; rv:9.0a1) Gecko/20110914 Firefox/9.0a1
- Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.
I understand how to backup my profile folder, I want to find out how to set it's exact location, so that I can share profiles between operating systems.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder