how do I get my homepage back into English instead of Portuguese?
I have downloaded the latest version and it has changed my home page into Portuguese (as I live in Portugal) but I am English and would like it back in English. How do I change it back please?
Additional System Details
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Image Control Plugin for viewing images on Ancestry.com. Version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
What is your homepage?
It was www.google.com/pt but now seems to have returned to .com in English on its own thanks
You can set Google preferences like the language on the Google Search settings page (click the gear icon at the top right).
Such settings are stored in a cookie on your computer that you need to allow.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Exceptions"
- Tools > Page Info > Permissions
Thanks for that. I will keep a note although for now it has kept itself in English.