Did you guys put Text Enhance in the Firefox browser?
I now have really annoying green underlined text with pop ups all over the place, did you guys put this into the browser? i didn't want such a stupid annoying thing. how is this supposed to enhance firefox?
Modified by Noah_SUMO
remove toolbar that is installed by Vuzedownload software. and all undeline text disappears :-)Read this answer in context 59
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
Nope, Mozilla didn't add that to Firefox.
See this "opt-out" page for that service - http://www.textsrv.com/optout.php
so how did it get on my firefox then? its not on Chrome, it its working fine...
You can look at Adblock Plus.
- Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
You need to subscribe to a Filter list (e.g. the EasyList).
Ask advice at the Adblock Plus forum if it doesn't help:
thanks for the replies, i have seen all the stuff about add block and various other ways to get rid of it, but i am still wondering how the hell it got there in the first place?? the only thing i have updated recently is firefox, it doesn't display this kind of nonsense on any other browser... i just downloaded a couple others and checked these pages side by side so im assuming it must be a firefox thing and am moving on.
As mentioned in the-edmeister's reply above, Text Enhance service
- place Checkmark on Yes, I would like to opt-out of text-enhance.com advertisements
- click Submit button
Check and tell if its working.
* This will set an opt-out cookie on your system to prevent you from seeing Text Enhance links. If you clear your cookies, the links will appear again and you will have to come back to this site and opt-out again.
I appreciate the time to make a response.
how about this for an option, how about im given the choice to want this with a stupid captcha and having to repeat this if i clear my cookies?
So question still remains... how did this get on my computer if not through firefox?
Such links are usually added by a script that runs on that web page and that activates a pop-up on hover.
You can probably hide them as well with code in userContent.css if the same ID or class name is used for each pop-up (won't work if it is Flash content).
Modified by cor-el
It's in a site I have paid had buit from scratch, are you saying that it is something that is in my website?
Can you post a link?
You can also do a malware check with some malware scanning programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
remove toolbar that is installed by Vuzedownload software. and all undeline text disappears :-)
thank you, this has got rid of it. really appreciate this answer.
I can't see how to delete that toolbar. None of my toolbars refer to Vuzedownload software. Any advice on how to find which toolbar to delete? --Sorry by the way if I'm asking an obvious question
Troubleshooting extensions and themes
Check and tell if its working.
Mine came in the form of an extension called "Facetheme". It masquerades as a facebook layout tool. Not sure how I got it. Go to Tools>Ad-Ons>Extensions and disable any suspicious extensions. There is your problem. I couldn't "remove" it so I uninstalled it. Problem soled.
If I'me not mistaken. Mine came in the form os an extension called "Media Plugin 3.0 from Game Play Labs".
if you disable the Shockwave Flash 10.3.183.7 Add-on in Firefox and IE the "text-enhance" ads stop from displaying on web pages.
correction... if you disable this extention "social grammer checher 18.104.22.168" in firefox then the text enhance links stop displaying
I can't see how to delete that toolbar either. None of my toolbars refer to Vuzedownload software...
How do I find which toolbar to delete???
I would also like to know.... how did this get on my computer if not through firefox?
@MWsrII See my last reply.
Modified by Hasan
optout.php did work but now it doesn't. As of 10/4/11 it returns a Bad Gateway error 502. Sounds bogus to me but the whole deal is bogus. The WhoIs for textsrv.com belongs to GoDaddy. I think that GoDaddy should hear from all of us. In the meantime, this obnoxious intrusion seems to enter from multiple sources. What can we do to stop it from continuing to happen with this and other such garbage?
Modified by GoodOlRodg