how to remove abuchak
how to remove this unwanted search engine called "abuchak". Hope someone out there can help as Firefox has no answer or a clue. Thanks.
i just put it in the blocklist get rid of it allrightRead this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.119
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_27 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
how to remove this unwanted search engine called "abuchak"
- A site called abuchak has taken over my Macintosh firefox search, how do I get rid of it and keep my bookmarks? | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help
Nothing I have read anywhere from anyone has worked to get rid of this pest!!!My husband finally had to take over and get rid of EVERYTHING FIREFOX (uninstall bookmarks,toolbars and everything) and then re-install everything. Now it seems to be gone.
i just put it in the blocklist get rid of it allright
didn't work for me. Thanks anyway
I spent 3 hours trying to get rid of abuchak.....none of the fixes worked. Then I just installed a new google toolbar. It took 30 seconds..No more abuchak!
Finally got my homepage back by replacing Firefox 6 with 4 and installing Google toolbar. My bookmarks and the settings have no problems as feared and they are all still intact. Thank you.
Or download and install Firefox 7.0 C Yopst
I had to do a "Day Before" restore. There are Abuchuck cookies in your 'Temp" folder.
It's become quite a nuisance. I even changed the settings on my computer to a "Prompt" before cookies from an unknown source was being loaded...IT didn't work.
The fix is simple.
Step 1: In your address bar type in about:config PRESS GO or ENTER
Step 2: You will get a warning button, click continue (I'll be careful, I promise)
Step 3: At the top of the page that loads there is an input bar called 'Filter,' in that text box type: keyword.url
Step 4: The keyword.url line should come up, under value, double click the 'abuchak' address, you will get a pop-up box.
Step 5: Change the link in the pop-up box from the abuchak link to another search provider. For Google, change this link to:
Step 6: Click 'Ok' and you are all set!
NOTE: You can change this keyword.url link to other providers too... to find the keyword url for other providers, I would suggest you Google keyword.url + service provider (or site) name to try to find the keyword url for your choice (ie; bing, etc).
GOOD LUCK!!! :P
I tried but it always show abuckak searching, does not work for me. And then I use a very simple way to work it out:
1.Delete the Firefox
2.Copy the document which I want to keep.
3.Delete the affected account.
4.Creat a new account and dowload firefox using IE.
Hope it can help anyone eles.
Modified by freebbc