Whjy can't I find my downloaded bookmarks from Internet Explorer on my MSN home page?
I downloaded Firefox browser and asked for my bookmarks to be imported over to Firefox from Internet Explorer. I have MSN as my home page. There is no Bookmark icon on the page. Where do I find my list of bookmarks that were imported? Do I need to have Firefox as my home page before I can find them? I read the tutorial about finding a folder entitled From Internet Explorer, but I can't find a folder under Bookmarks by that name.
Additional System Details
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2069
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_27 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
I have Windows XP and want to use Firefox as my browser instead of Internet Explorer. When I downloaded Firefox, I indicated that I wanted Firefox to be my default browser.
You can usually find the imported IE Favorites in a folder ("From Internet Explorer") at the bottom of the Bookmarks Menu folder (Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks).
If you can't find them in the "From Internet Explorer" folder then try this:
- Export the favorites in IE to an HTML file (bookmarks.html): File > Import and Export
- Import the HTML file in Firefox: Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Import HTML: From File
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_bookmarks ("Import from another browser" and "Import from file")
Cor-el, one more question, just to be clear: I do not have Firefox as my home page. I have MSN as my home page. Do I need to change my home page in order to see the From Internet Explorer folder? Also, as I said, I do not have a Bookmark Icon in the upper right hand corner of my home page either, like it shows in the tutorial.
I have tried the Bookmark Menu and there is no folder for Internet Explorer under Show All Bookmarks.
I will try your last suggestion, but the other suggestion may be a little beyond my expertise.
Do you have the Bookmarks Toolbar visible with the default bookmarks on it?
That toolbar should have a Bookmarks Menu button at the right side to access all bookmarks if the menu bar is hidden and you see the orange Firefox menu button.
On my MSN homepage, I have the Bookmarks Drop-down Menu. Under that I have Show All Bookmarks with the defaults: Bookmarks Toolbar with 3 items (most visited, getting started, latest headlines; Bookmarks Menu with 2 items (recently bookmarked and recent tags); Mozilla Firefox with 4 items ( help , tutorials, etc); Unmarked Bookmarks with 1 item (MSN.com). No "From Internet Explorer" folder shows up.
I have no orange Firefox buttonat the top of the page nor a bookmark button on the upper right hand side of the screen. They show up on the page that's shown in the tutorial, but not on my MSN home page.
So...I'll ask my main question again: Do I have to have Firefox as my default home page in order to see the orange Firefox button and the bookmarks button????? These items DO NOT show up on my MSN home page which I chose to use as the default home page when I downloaded Firefox this week.
If I do need to have Firefox instead of MSN as my default home page, how to I change it?
Please answer my main question. Thanks!
You won't see the "From Internet Explorer" on the Bookmarks Toolbar. That folder should appear if you open the bookmarks in the sidebar (Ctrl+B) and in the Bookmarks menu drop down and in the Bookmarks Manager (Library; Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks).