Add-ons manager not loading since I updated Firefox yesterday,right?
I updated Firefox yesterday when the update was offered. Now the add-ons manager (accessed from the tools menu) hangs. It says loading and the icon spins, but it never completes the load. I am running on a Mac. Thanks.
I fixed this by clicking on "Extensions" tab in the Add-ons manager and then back on Get Add-ons. It seams that Get Add-ons needs some time to load all the necessary data.Read this answer in context 17
Additional System Details
- Cooliris embbedded in a tab
- npmnqmp 07103007
- Picasa plugin.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Version 184.108.40.20668
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.5
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
I fixed this by clicking on "Extensions" tab in the Add-ons manager and then back on Get Add-ons. It seams that Get Add-ons needs some time to load all the necessary data.
This fix is not working for me. It just spins and spins and I cannot see my Add-ons list. It is difficult to imagine why clicking 'Get Add-ons', which sets off a process requiring interaction with a remote database, should cure a problem with the Extensions list, which presumably sits locally.
The Yahoo Toolbar was apparently causing me the same problem with add-on manager just spinning and never completely loading. I clicked the "recent updates" and the add-ons showed up. I removed the Yahoo toolbar which is what I wanted to do anyhow and now add-on manager works fine.