How can I uninstall FoxTab -- disabling and deleting it under add-ons does NOT get rid of this malware!
FoxTab is malware. It snuck into my browser through an audio converter. Following the directions for deleting an add-on in Firefox doesn't get rid of it -- meaning, I've deleted the add-on, but it's still there when I open Firefox. So -- what else needs to be done to get rid of FoxTab?
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- eMusic DLM 18.104.22.168
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Thanks -- I'll give that a try.