This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When using "cmd+click link" to open a link from Gmail in a new tab - the tab opens in the foreground instead of the background.
When I get links sent to me in Gmail and I want to view them I usually "press cmd + click link" to open the link in a new window. When I do this in Gmail it opens as a foreground tab even if my default action is to open in the background.
This is not the case in Hotmail or on other site - just Gmail. If I rightclick and Open in new tab then it opens correctly in a background tab but I would like this action using "cmd+click" if possible.
Modified by notshy
All Replies (5)
No love from anyone from Mozilla?
How about Cmd+Shift+click ?
- Look under "Web Navigation", 8th & 9th items and be sure to read and understand footnote 4 that applies to both of those.
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Are you sure that you want to continue using Firefox 5.0.1 as shown with the information submitted with your question?
- See --> https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Finding+your+Firefox+version
- See (download current version)--> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 9 scheduled for release on 2011-12-20
- See --> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Installing+Firefox+on+Mac
- See --> https://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox.html#firefox8
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox
Modified by SafeBrowser
Hi - thanks for the messasge !
CMD + Shift + Click gives the same results as CMD + Click
Both still open the links in the foreground :(
P.S. I am using Firefox 8.0.1 now
P.P.S. I just tried restarting the browser in Safe mode and that didn't change the actions. I also wondered if it was because I had my Gmail tab as "pinned" but I tried unpinning it and it had the same actions using CMD or CMD + Shift with clicking - but when selecting "Open In New Tab" from the menu it opens in the background.
Modified by notshy
What is the value of the browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground pref?
Modified by cor-el
It was set to False and I've now toggeled it to true and it now works !!!!