This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I downloaded a certain P2P program and it changed my search engine from google to Ask.com, which absolutely sucks. I am now having great difficulty in changing it back to Google for a search engine, whats the deal?
I had google as my search engine for Mozilla, now after downloading a P2P program it has changed my search engine to Ask.com, I have removed Ask.com from the programs list and uploaded google chrome requesting it to be my default browser but when ever I open firefox I have to use Ask.com to search. How do I remove Ask.com and get Google as my search engine again?
All Replies (1)
Please do the following.
- In the location bar where you normally type in a web address, type about:config and hit Enter.
- If you see a window which says "This might void your warranty!", click the button which says "I'll be careful, I promise" so you can continue with the next step.
- In the filter at the top, type: keyword.URL
- Double click it and remove whatever's in there and replace it with http://www.google.com/search?q= and then click OK.
- Close the tab
The URL to add in "keyword.URL" becomes a link in this post, so right click it and choose "Copy Link Location" to copy it to the Windows clipboard. Then hit CTRL+V to paste it. Saves you having to type the whole thing.
To reset your home page, do the following.
- Go to the site you want to set as your homepage.
- Click the Firefox button, go to Options | Options | General.
- Make sure it says "Show My Homepage" in the first dropdown menu.
- Click the button called "Use Current Pages" to set the homepage to the one you have on the screen.