Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

The new style of bookmarks is terrible, how can I get back to the old style which opened out to the right instead of on top of itself?

niki7

The new style of bookmarks is terrible, how can I get back to the old style which opened out to the right instead of on top of itself?

The new style of bookmarks is terrible, how can I get back to the old style which opened out to the right instead of on top of itself?

All Replies (4)

-> click Firefox button, click View Menu -> click Toolbars -> unselect Bookmarks Toolbar -> click Customize... -> Customize Toolbar window will open -> Drag the Bookmarks items from the Tab Strip and Drop them in the Customize Toolbar window -> click Done

-> click Firefox button, click View Menu -> click Sidebar -> select Bookmarks

Check and tell if its working.

Mac Firefox does not have a Firefox button. You cannot hide the menu in Mac OS applications, since it appears at the top of the screen outside the application window, and is controlled by the operating system. If you use the Bookmarks menu item, there should be enough room for the submenus to open to the right of the main menu list.

That may be because you have one or more bookmarks with a long title.
The width of a column in the Bookmarks menu list is in current Firefox versions automatically adjusted to fit the bookmark with the longest name.
You can check the names of the bookmarks and make the longer ones shorter.

When wanting to open a bookmark from a Bookmark Folder, the folder's menu opens, then before I have a chance to move my cursor Firefox 11 thinks I am selecting the file where my cursor was when the folder menu opened. There is no way to "back out" of the incorrect selection without going offscreen, releasing the selection and returning to the Bookmarks menu tab on the very top of the screen. This is progress?? What this is is frustrating! I can't move the cursor fast enough to control the preferred selection I want to make. Why does Firefox think Mac users will think this is some sort of improvement over what I was able to do in previous verisons? I am beginning to think I want to revert to the previous version of Firefox I was using before Firefox 11 started to do my thinking for me. Isn't there anyone else out there who is having this same problem that might be able to suggest a fix? I read there is no "Firefox Button" for Mac users. Let's hear about what the Mac users are supposed to do to mitigate this situation. Please!!!!