Why can't I open my emails in the new Yahoo Mail any more? It was ok until Yahoo upgraded it.
Yesterday I upgraded my Yahoo mail and at first the auto complete email address didn't work and now I can't open my emails to read them. The page just freezes. Can you help me please?
Additional System Details
- DjVu Plug-In(external version 126.96.36.1994)
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
New Yahoo Mail
Windows XP with all new service packs
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Thank you for your reply. I have just tried both of these things and it hasn't made any difference unfortunately.
Didn't work for me eiher...what a pain.
This is probably an issue with the new Yahoo code that Yahoo needs to fix on their site.
You can try to contact them or post on a Yahoo forum if there is such a forum for problems with Yahoo! Mail.
I did all the above and that did not work.
I browsed in save mode for a week, no problems in yahoo mail.
Then I disabled all plugins and extensions in normal mode, still good.
Then I enabled one by one , testing a few days at the time. I finally got it narrowed donw to ONE plugin: Firebug.
I really need firebug. I tried Opera (got the debug-tool integrated in the core), but that does not work half as nice as Firebug.
I tried to post on the firebug forum, but it seems they have no forum at all, only that inaccessable spamalot groups-thing.
Please someone debug Firebug.
I had the same problem and so I disabled the Yahoo tool bar and everything is fine now
That isn't going to work for me because I don't have the Yahoo tool bar in my browser! Thanks anyway.