How do I move bookmarks to firefox from internet explorer
I am new to Firefox, I cannot figure out how to get the Bookmarks I have in Explorer 8 or Google Chrome with out doing it one by one, is there an easier way?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
You can import you Internet Explorer bookmarks, passwords, cookies from the File menu of Firefox The bookmarks will get added to a folder in marked "Internet Explorer".
The other option is to import through the Library List ("Ctrl+Shift+B") > Import and Backup > Import > From Internet Explorer. -- This one merges the folders with those you already have.
- Import bookmarks - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Make sure you create a bookmarks backup or haven't bookmarked anything since you were at your computer for the day and that the backup exists. Because you may not like the results and may want to restore to the start of the day.
- Backing up and restoring bookmarks - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base