How to make fonts larger, darker
I have poor vision and would like larger and bolder text.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Fun Web Products Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
You can use one of these extensions to set a default font size and page zoom on web pages:
- Default FullZoom Level: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/
- NoSquint: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/nosquint/
If you go to the Firefox Preferences, on the Content tab, there's a "Fonts & Colors" section. Click on the Advanced button for more settings. But many web sites will use their own settings.
Your best choice is probably to use an extension as cor-el recommended, but the design of some sites is messed up by zooming in. There are other extensions that handle zooming in different ways. If you want to, you might just type "zoom" into the search box at https://addons.mozilla.org and explore your options.
You can zoom in or out by holding the Ctrl key and using your mouse wheel. You can also use [Ctrl+] to zoom in and [Ctrl-] to zoom out.
what do you set for darker text and larger and less glare thanks