How do I return to my home page?
On other browsers I have used it is possible to return to the home page or open a new tab or window showing the home page with one or two clicks. This does not seem to be available in Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.10 for Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
"Alt+Home" keyboard shortcut or the 'show homepage' toolbar button should be able to do that.
Thanks for that, but unfortunately I cannot try them out. After posting the question I installed the Status-4-Evar add-on and it crashed Firefox. A reinstall/upgrade to version 5 did not help. Firefox has given me a number of problems apart from the two above so I have decided not to uninstall/reinstall as this would require a reinstall of AVG and some other security software and the problems would remain. So it is back to IE based Avant, which is pretty reliable and works in a natural way that I like.
You can find the toolbar Home button at the far right end of the Navigation Toolbar.
Drag the Home button from its current position at the right to the previous position at the left of the location bar if you do not like that new position.
Open the Customize window via "View > Toolbars > Customize" or via "Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout"