This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox is blocking an update, but i don't know what its blocking - another thing - i tried feedback - told Firefox needed updating - about help says i have latest update - something wrong - how to fix
Every now and again - i get a notice saying "something is trying to trick Firefox in accepting an update" - that is it - does not tell me what it is - I then thought i'd use Feedback to contact you - however, it came back saying "to use feedback i needed the most recent update" I checked ABOUT FIREFOX and it says i am up to date - so maybe - Firefox is blocking its own update - what is going on - and how can i find out what is being "blocked"
All Replies (2)
If there are problems with updating then best is to download the full version and uninstall the currently installed version.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 4.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version.
- Do not remove personal data when you uninstall the current version.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Software_Update (Software Update not working properly)
Modified by cor-el
Many thanks for such a prompt reply - i did in fact - download Firefox to my desktop - and loaded it - however, i did this prior to your reply - so have not done the deletion side - however, i will do so and will follow your instructions - i truly thank you for your help