How do I get rid of a yahoo toolbar that keeps popping up and is not on the program list of my computer?
Immediately after I updated my firefox a couple of weeks ago, the browser started to display a yahoo toolbar. At the time my husband took it off using the control panel and add/remove program function on the computer.
since this am, the toolbar has come back up. I did NOT do anything to request it, or put it there. It is not showing up on my program list, I cannot find it when I do a search of my computer. When I went to yahoo help "remove toolbar" the two suggestions were to do that or use the settings button to remove it, but the settings menu on this doesn't have that option, unless maybe I would create an account, log in, and then remove it. I don't really want to do that either.
I don't know where this came from, and don't really trust it. I would like to take it off, but can't seem to figure out how.
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
I updated firefox
- Winamp Application Detector
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
I figured it out! Click on the Orange 'Firefox' tab on the upper left hand side of the Firefox browser, Choose 'Options', then deselect 'Yahoo! toolbar'.
I still cannot get rid of the yahoo toolbar even after I took your advise.