Firefox 4 installed (Swedish version) but very unsatisfactory. Wish to return to the much better 3.6. How?
Initial problems installing F 4. It didn´t "take" in spite of repeated pop-up reminders and repeated attempts. Finally installed but what a disappointment at least with the Swedish version. Have trouble closing programmes, am repeatedly disconnected from the internet, cannot return to the Firefox homepage for a renewed search, don´t get the lock ikon for supposedly secure addresses such as my bank. am unable to limit my searches to only Swedish sites. The 3.6 version was much better and at least as fast. I want a Firefox version that works and is secure. Tell me what to do.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Installation of Firefox 4, Swedish version
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
I use an Acer 5630 with Windows xp.
In Firefox 4 you no longer have the Status bar that showed the padlock in previous Firefox versions.
The padlock only shows that there is a secure connection and doesn't guarantee that you are connected to the right server.
So you might still be connected to the wrong server if you make a typo in the URL and someone has claimed that mistyped URL.
The functionality of the padlock has been replaced by the How do I tell if my connection to a website is secure? on the left end of the location bar.
You can use this extension to get a padlock on the location bar.
Firefox 4 uses a new build-in home page named about:home with a Google search bar on it.
That about:home page only shows some snippets and has a button to restore the previous session if applicable.
Cor-el! Thank you for your reply. I´ll do my best to follow your advice.