how can I get rid of startnow tool bar- it just appeared and I cant get rid of it
startnow tool bar with bing just appeared on my foxfire tool bar. i tried deleting it from programs- it deleted from programs, but still appears in the tool bar! can you help?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I down loaded a prgram to instal drivers - I cant remember which one - or maybe daemon tools- I cant get rid of that either
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
The same thing happened to me... I have uninstalled the program and deleted it but it still goes to it when I try to go to Google Chrome. Does anyone know how to fix this?
I wound up having this problem too, but eventually I managed to fix it by going to the “Firefox” tab up at the top left, clicking “add-ons,” then the “extensions” tab. The “Startnow toolbar” should be there. I disabled it, and then clicked remove, and then restart once the browser gave that option; I didn’t just close Firefox and reopen it, so am unsure if it has any relevancy to the removal.
Since it also showed up in my Chrome browser, I clicked the wrench button in the upper right hand corner, clicked "options," and selected "Use the New Tab page" after I deleted the URL that pointed the the startnow site. "Use the New Tab page" is the default for Chrome, but if you changed it before, you can also change it back.
Hope this fixes your problems.
ETA: I also did an uninstall of startnow through Install/Uninstall through the control panel on the computer itself before I did anything else.
Modified by ace_of_the_arts
I had deleted startnow from the control panel first, used the uninstall program/tool and it even reappeared after removing the cookies I listed. hopefully it is gone. I removed it from the homepage. Is it gone from my system. who knows. Programs that are insidious just annoy me.
I was SAVED by using the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware ( http://www.superantispyware.com/ )
I also used superantispyware to remove what was left after I used the add and remove that's in the control panel and after that I had to use the repair utility in superantispyware to be able to log back on.
For some background on the StartNow toolbar and Zugo see