I downloaded Hotspot Shield, why can't i change the keyword service back to Google?
I downloaded the program hotspot shield now every time i try to reset the keyword service so i can use google it wont let me and uses the hotspot shield search engine instead
Additional System Details
This started when...
I downloaded the program
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Did Hotspot Shield also change the DNS settings?
If the pref keyword.URL is set to use Google then you most likely get redirected elsewhere.
The reply above is too technical. How do I tell what my DNS settings are?
Did you check the value of the pref keyword.URL on the about:config page?
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
You can use the Filter bar at to top of the about:config page to locate a pref more easily.
download ad block plus. it's free and it takes care of not only the search bar redirection, but also all of the pop ups and ads that hotspot causes.