How to stop "Werbung - Mozilla firefox" advertising in Mail.com page
After starting Firefox 3.5.11, opening mail.com, and clicking on the username field (to enter my username), I started receiving a pop-up titled "Werbung - Mozilla Firefox." My operating system is Windows XP. The problem described below does not appear in Windows Explorer.
I believe Werbung is German for advertising, but I am not certain.
One of the ads that appears in the popup window says "congratulations! You have won and ipad..." To close the popup, you have to go to a "daily contest winner" page. Using task manager closes firefox.
Across the bottom of the screen, just above the "Start" button, I noticed "addclient.uimserve.net" I do not know if this is related.
Does anyone know how to get rid of this nuisance?
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
has anybody found out how to get the Werbung pop ups to go away?