firefox 4 not playing quicktime properly on OSX 10.6
When I upgraded to Firefox 4 on my iMac, OSX 10.6, it no longer played QuickTime video or audio properly. The symptoms tend to be inconsistent. Sometimes the audio would play but not the video. Sometimes the video would play but blink off and on with a white screen. Mp3 files will not play at all on some occasions and will play partially on others. When I removed Firefox 4 and reinstalled 3.5, everything worked fine again. Anyone have a suggestion?
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- npmnqmp 071503000004
- Picasa plugin.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1
I see that many have this problem. Does anyone have a workaround or resolution?