an unknown and unwanted search engine has made itself my home page and I can't get rid of it.
a search engine called searchqu.com/406 has somehow made itself the home page whenever I log onto the net. The mozilla help site suggests that you can set a home page by dragging the logo of the preferred site to the bottom left box on tool bar and then clicking 'yes'. I don't have a 'yes' button to click! Anyway, I'd like to rid myself of the intruding search engine as a)its crap, and b) I didn't ask for it and I object to the intrusion. Any suggestions?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I got a warning message that an unknown search engine was trying to take over then it happenedr
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1