After I upgraded to 4.0--my tabs no longer save?
After upgrading yesterday to Firefox 4.0, I can no longer save my tabs when I close Firefox. With the last version I could do this.
Can I go back to the older version if 4.0 will not allow for saving tabs when closing?
Additional System Details
- NetExtender Launcher XPCOM plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
went through the steps Application Basics and renamed formhistroy file and sessiostrore file by adding.bak
This did not help--
Firefox now always stores the old session, and you can access it by going to the History menu and selecting "Restore Previous Session"
If you want Firefox to display the message to save the session, it can be turned back on by changing some preferences.
- Type about:config into the location bar and press enter
- Accept the warning message that appears, you will be taken to a list of preferences
- Locate the preference browser.tabs.warnOnClose, if its value is set to false, double-click on it to change its value to true
- Repeat this for these 3 preferences browser.warnOnQuit, browser.warnOnRestart and browser.showQuitWarning
If you always open the last set of tabs, an alternative approach is this:
- Click the orange Firefox button, then select options to open the options window
- Go to the General panel
- Change the setting "When Firefox starts" to "Show my windows and tabs from last time"