Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

I updated my firefox, and now I'm getting an error message "You cannot use the application 'Firefox' with this version of Mac OS x" - Please help ASAP I hate Safari

LilLisa

After an unexpected quit by firefox and an update. I can no longer use Firefox. I get an error message that says 'You cannot use the application "Firefox" with this version of Mac OS X"

After an unexpected quit by firefox and an update. I can no longer use Firefox. I get an error message that says 'You cannot use the application "Firefox" with this version of Mac OS X"

All Replies (2)

Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac.

For a Firefox 4 compatible version that runs on Mac OS X 10.4.11 or Mac OS X 10.5.8 (PPC) you can look at:

Firefox 3.6.x (Mac OS X 10.4 and later) can be found here: