would like to go back to my original version toolbar, having it so customized, this new one I have to start all over!!
downloaded FF4.0 but tool bar has No tabs as I had before. Like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Twitter, FB, and so on, my customizable quick links. Wondering if I can go back to original version, in that I cannot get any new downloads/plugins and this new version is just horrible, having to start from scratch customizing my toolbar. Please Help. Tks, Cal
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
downloaded newest version
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Flock Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 FBSMTWB
If you are currently running Firefox 4 (Firefox > Help > About) then you should reset the user agent that looks like it is corrupted by Fast Browser Search (FBSMTWB).
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 FBSMTWB
- Find what version of Firefox you are using
- Web sites or add-ons incorrectly report incompatible browser
Check the general.useragent prefs on the about:config page. You can open the about:config page via the location bar, just like you open a website. Filter: general.useragent If any general.useragent prefs are bold (user set) then right-click that pref and choose Reset.
For your other issue:
Check that you still have the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" placed on the Bookmarks Toolbar
If the menu bar is hidden then press F10 or hold down the Alt key, that should make the "Menu Bar" appear
- Make sure that you have the "Bookmarks Toolbar" visible: "View > Toolbars"
- Check in "View > Toolbars > Customize" that the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the Customize window onto the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If you do not see the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" then click the "Restore Default Set" button