I want to open new tabs with other ones open. So I click the + button for tabs and it does nothing. I right click and click new tab and still nothing. How do I get that feature to work again.
I click the + button to open a new tab and it doesn't do anything, not even open a new tab. I try to right click and open a new tab and still don't work. But if I right click a link and click open in new tab it will work. How do I get to open my tabs again with the + button?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
About 3 weeks now.
- Runs 3-D games and interactive applets
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110420 AskTbFWV5/220.127.116.1190 Firefox/3.6.17 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Uninstall the Ask toolbar and it should work again. There is a compatibility issue with the Ask toolbar and Firefox that prevents new tabs from being opened.
There are a couple of places to check for the Ask toolbar:
- Check the Windows Control panel for the Ask Toolbar - http://about.ask.com/apn/toolbar/docs/default/faq/en/ff/index.html#na4
- Also check your list of extensions, you may be able to uninstall it from there - https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Uninstalling+add-ons