how to open Firefox in 32-bit mode for Mac OS X 10.6?
cannot use Firefox in 64-bit mode for IMac running OS X 10.6 as it will not work with banking scanning software.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16
To set Firefox to always run in 32 bit mode, open up Finder and go to the Applications folder. Control-click the Firefox app and click "Get Info", then select the "Open in 32-bit mode" option.
Thanks but the only choice is "open with Rosetta"
I just saw you are using Firefox 3.6.16 which only comes in 32 bit. Firefox 4 was the first to have a 64 bit version on the Mac.
I don't know the solution for your problem, you may have to wait for somebody who is more familiar with the Mac, though I don't know of any Mac users who provide regular support on these forums.
OK thanks for the help.
Thanks for your help. It was quite a nuisance (on both computers having upgraded to version 4.) but so easily remedied. Also taught me how/where to find answers, great....Neil