How to set a value for about:startpage?
On a linux machine how do I setup a value for about:startpage? So that reverting back to default would change the home page to the specified one. I'm currently using FF4 on Ubuntu. The main reason is to have all users default page to be Any Specific Page at about:startpage. Currently it is set at http://start.ubuntu.com/10.04/Google/ I can't find where is that information located and how to change it.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 d162
- Picasa plugin
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.9.7 (6b20-1.9.7-0ubuntu1~10.04.1)) executes Java applets.
- Version 1.0.6 Goldeneye, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
That about:startpage page is not standard in Firefox and has been added by the Ubuntu branding. You can check if you can find a pref with that value on the about:config page. If not then you can ask about that on the Ubuntu forum.
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
Thanks cor-el for the reply, I've tried to look into about:config but could not understand this is what I found in about:config
- browser.aboutHomeSnippets.update Url; https://snippets.mozilla.com/%STARTPAGE_VERSION%/%NAME%/%VERSION%/%APPBUILDID%/%BUILD_TARGET%/%LOCALE%/%CHANNEL%/%OS_VERSION%/%DISTRIBUTION%/%DISTRIBUTION_VERSION%/
- browser.startup.homepage; about:startpage
These are the 2 things.
Now the question is where is this info located? and how to I setup or define, for example my own about:mypage so I could use that to setup a default homepage.
I will also try to ask this at Ubuntu forum and see if I can get any information.