Download of Firefox stops in between and does not complete. repeated trials failed. Why?
Quite for some time I'm trying to download Firefox-4(ff4) but after few minuets-or say 25% d/l pro gramme ceases. Norton advised to remove it which I did. Other message told me Firefox Setup 4.0.exe is not genuine-or some thing like that unapprovingly. To day I tried thrice but d/l could not go beyond 40% despite Norton on silent mode. Result is same from Chrome, Safari, Bing and Opera. No doubt ff have problems with plugins like important one like Realplayer but this one is surprising for Firefox browser.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
D/Ling version 4.0
Question of plugins does not arise without download.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/10.0.648.204 Safari/534.16
I don' t know this.
Do you have the latest version of Norton? See Norton Compatibility patch for Firefox 4.0
I suggest updating Firefox via Help | Check for Updates
If that doesn't work, do the following:
- Go to Download Firefox 4.0 and download a fresh installation file to the desktop. If necessary, download it with IE8, but choose to save the file to your desktop when you see the prompt.
- Then go to Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to Mozilla Firefox and remove it, choosing to keep your bookmarks, customizations etc., (don't checkmark the box).
- Then reboot and delete the folder called Mozilla Firefox at this location: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- Finally run the installation file you downloaded.
Thanks Xciral. Your tips were effective and I have Ff4on my computer.
Could you please click the "Solved" button to take your post out of the loop.