Firefox seems not to be supporting new BBC radio player. Safari is ok with it.
I am a frequent user of BBC radio via the net. The BBC has re-vamped its player and this afternoon [01 04 11] I tried listening to Radio 7 and then Radio 4 to check. The listening panel showed up but there was no sound either on listen live or on 'listen again'. I am now listening to R7 live via Safari.
I have not had problems before with Firefox and the BBC
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Plugin to display scores created with Harmony Assistant or Melody Assistant
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-GB; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16
I had this problem too, but fixed it. In my case I was using the Flashblock extension. Adding bbc.co.uk to the whitelist resolved the problem. Maybe you people are using some kind of Adobe Flash filtering? Pls leave a comment as to whether or not this is the case.
That was exactly the problem. I have been using Flashblock for a long time and never had to use the 'white list' before. Many thanks.
I tried adding bbc.co.uk to my whitelist, but it didn't work. I still see no progress bar in the new BBC Radioplayer (pop-up bpx) and there is no sound.
Modified by mqmr
Try to clear the cache and cookies and restart firefox. It worked for me. I had the same problem on a Windows Vista system running FF 4.0.1.