Why isn't the switch tab group shortcut documented
I had to search the web for quite a while to find the shortcut to switch between tab groups (ctrl+`). I found it on a non-mozilla web page. Why doesn't mozilla doesn't document this properly on this keyboard shortcuts page?
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
It is documented. Make sure that you have show for Firefox 4 selected. You should see "Tab Groups View Ctrl+Shift+E" at the end of the Windows and Tabs section.
You can see that shortcut to open Tab Groups if you click the "List all tabs" button at the right end of the Tab bar
Modified by cor-el
I don't think I understand your reply. Or perhaps you misunderstood my question.
I'm not after the "Tab Groups View Ctrl+Shift+E" shortcut. That only goes to the Panorama view (ie, the view that shows all the groups). What I want is to switch immediately to the last viewed tab in the next tab group. That shortcut is "ctrl + `". I still can't see that anywhere on that page.
It's a wiki, so anyone can make the edit. I've added "Next Tab Group" and "Previous Tab Group" (with the Shift modifier), but my changes need to be reviewed and approved.
The funny thing is that I found this hotkey by accidentally hitting it when going for Ctrl+Tab. I'd read the hotkeys list when Firefox 4 was released, but I didn't remember it being listed here.
Modified by brix22
I guess my question wasn't "how do I add to the support page?". My question was "why doesn't mozilla properly document their product?". Which is nicely demonstrated by the second part of your response - you had to stumble on the shortcuts rather than have them already documented by mozilla.
Modified by kaylum0