My OS X does not support 4.0, but I wasn't aware and downloaded anyway. Now I cannot open Firefox at all. How do I get back to 3.6 or another?
I had Firefox 3.6.something (I'm not sure). When it said I needed to update to 4.0, I just clicked ok. Now I cannot open Firefox. I removed it and looked for an older version, but all I can find is 2.0 and still cannot find a version in between the two.
Additional System Details
This started when...
I updated to 4.0
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071701000001
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Experience Google Earth in the browser. For more information, please visit the Google Earth Plugin Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.9
- Simplifies the uploading of photo files.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/126.96.36.199
Firefox 4 doesn't run on a PowerPC Mac. Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac.
For Mac OS X 10.4.11 or Mac OS X 10.5.8 you can look at:
Firefox 3.6.x can be found here: