Firefox says I need Windows Media Player 11 and it is already on the computer. How do I get Firefox to see it?
The question says it all. Windows Media Player is already installed on my computer but it does not show up in the Plug-Ins in Firefox. How do I get Firefox to see my Windows Media Player?
You need to install the WMP plugin available from http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspxRead this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.522
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- NBC Direct Firefox Plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16
Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.
You need to install the WMP plugin available from http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx
Thank you TonyE. I think I finally have it installed and working now.
I installed it, but it doesn't work with firefox 4.0 (win 7 ultimate 32-bit)