How do I reinstall the previous version of Firefox (v.3.6.16)?
I just installed Firefox 4. Norton Toolbar (5.5) is not compatible. Therefore, I would like to revert back to the previous version of Firefox (I believe it was 3.6.16) but do not know how to do it.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
I hate it too. Unnecessarily complicated. The features I liked and used a lot disappeared and I can't even find them now. I reverted back to 3.6 which works fine for me. We should be able to keep the version we prefer.
I do not have any problem with the internet service. iYogi is a service that I have much confidence in and they have handled all my problems quite sufficiently.
Good for iYogi!
Hi , On vista , click start at end of screen , type mozilla, and your 2 versions appear, click on firefox 3.6 and install, that's it , your back to normal, lost nothing, and every thing works the way it was !!! good luck, fire fox is brill, but don`t know why 4 is not working well, 3.6 is great !