I get an update to install this update (https://d3lvr7yuk4uaui.cloudfront.net/inst/FirefoxUpgrade.xpi) is this a update from Firefox. It has a message that states " a critical software update is needed for your browser. I want to make sure this is safe
Firefox is preventing an update on my computer It says it is a Firefox update It says SYSTEM UPDATE REQUIRED-A critical software update in needed for your browser. I have never seen this kind of update from Firefox before I want to know it is a safe update
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Started today when I opened Firefox
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2060
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Picasa plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
Go into your add-ons and remove the Game Labs add on. Restart Firefox. No more red banner.
That is not a legitimate Firefox update!
What if there is no Game Play Labs thing in your add-ons?