After installing firefox 3.6.15 I can not run any videos on web sites like you tube using a macbook pro
I have a macbook pro. Firefox had run well for years, but after downloading firefox 3.6.15 I can not run any videos from web sites like You tube or Itunes.
The web page loads but the video window does not show up, nor any controls
When I tried to run a trailer from Itunes the sound was there but not the video.
My pluins are up to date.
I had the same issue and it seems Adobe Flash Player 10.2 is the Culprit. Revert back this version and it all seems to work properly again.Read this answer in context 5
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Plug-In for viewing TV channels powered by RayV
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
I had the same issue and it seems Adobe Flash Player 10.2 is the Culprit. Revert back this version and it all seems to work properly again.
Thanks for the suggestion. I went back to Flash Player 9 and videos are running again. Thanks
How do you go about downloading an earlier version of Flash player? cy204
I still had the dmg file from Flash Player 9. I deleted Flash player 10.2, and reinstalled 9. Works fine.
Modified by ctoII