Dragon NaturallySpeaking stopped working with FireFox: "COM returned an unexpected error: HOOKERR_NONOTIFYWINDOW"
I get the error "COM returned an unexpected error code: Details are HOOKERR_NONOTIFYWINDOW" when i dictate in Firefox. This just started today. I have been using Dragon for 12 yrs, and Firefox for about 7 yrs
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1680
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Dragon NaturallySpeaking professional legal 10.0
I just blogged about this tonight. Hopefully this will help some people: http://www.speakeasysolutions.com/blog/2011/03/07/dragon-error-com-returned-an-unexpected-error-code-details-are-hookerr_nonotifywindow/
I'm having the same issue with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11/11.5 upgrade. It's something I've been wanting to blame on the website I had open (plantronics.com) but evidently that's not the case and it's happened seven times over the past few days. Would Thunderbird be a better avenue to take or at least to give it a try? Being that I've never used Thunderbird and I don't know anything about it, I'm more than just open to suggestions until a cure can be found.
Thank you much! Bruce